Safety Guidance on Gatherings & Outings
The following Department of Health (DOH) guidance remains in place for non-medically necessary outings for residents:
- Limit close contact with others (stay six feet or more apart), avoid large gatherings, use technology to engage with others remotely.
- Wear face masks or cloth face coverings.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Avoid sharing communal food/drinks.
Residents who leave the facility are required by the DOH to:
- Quarantine or minimize contact with others prior to their return.
Test negative for COVID-19 within 24 hours before returning to the facility.
Quarantine upon returning for 14 days, and be tested at least 3 times during quarantine--including the first and last day.
Before exiting the building, residents and their family member/responsible party are required by the DOH to attest in writing that you:
- Are aware of the risks involved with leaving/taking the resident out;
- Will follow masking, social distancing, and hand hygiene practices to comply with CDC and DOH directives;
- Will notify the facility if the resident becomes ill within one week of leaving the facility;
- Will notify the facility if anyone with whom the resident socialized tests positive for COVID-19 or influenza or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 and influenza within 14 days of the resident’s return to the facility;
- Will communicate to the facility a return date for the resident in accordance with the facility’s policy; and
- Will quarantine or minimize contact (or assist the resident to do so) to the extent safely possible prior to return to the facility.
Looking for more tips and ideas for safe celebrations?