USDA Farm to School Grant Open to School-Based Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Participants
USDA Farm to School grants are available and accepting applications from all CACFP participants that operate within a school setting. Up to $5 million in grant funds are available to further efforts to increase locally sourced foods in our children's meals.
Five steps to learn more about USDA Farm to School grants:
1. Explore USDA's grant program website
2. Read the request for application
3. Study the frequently asked questions and sample documents from past grantees.
4. Discover past grantee projects by reading the grant award summaries and FY13-16 Summary of Grant Awards Summary.
5. Reach out to USDA with any questions at FarmtoSchool@fns.usda.gov.
The deadline to submit an application is Dec. 8, 2016.