Dear GREAT Gateway Families,
Normally this time of year, I am looking back and reflecting on all the areas of success and areas where we need to do a better job. However, this year feels so different! All of our in building accomplishments seem like a lifetime away now that we are immersed in this new and strange world of shelter in place and remote learning, and we are overwhelmed with missing our school family, our school children and our school home. However, when I step back and reflect, we have done some great things at Gateway this year—
- Successfully added 4th grade to the Summit Learning Platform,
- continued to grow our Alpine program for 2nd and 3rd graders by offering two different instructional models,
- demonstrated outstanding growth and achievement in 1st grade math
- showed phenomenal growth in our EC PLACE learners.
- And we have successfully maintained connections and learning during remote learning!
We have had many other successes this year, but perhaps the most important one is the work we have done with you during this COVID 19 crisis. We are so grateful that you partnered with us to continue your student’s learning and growth. We are so grateful that you trusted us to develop remote learning that, hopefully, has met the needs of each family and each learner to the best of our ability.
With all that said, I do have some end of the year updates for you.
- Parents of 3rd graders going into 4th: We will have a virtual parent meeting on May 7th at 6:00pm to introduce you to the Summit Learning Platform and answer any questions that you may have. A link to join the meeting will be sent out through classroom teachers closer to time. We look forward to sharing with you and answering your questions!
- Parents of 5th Graders: We are planning a drive by congratulations and farewell for our 5th graders on May 14th from 6:30-7:30. 5th grade families: Plan to drive down N. Baldwin with your 5th grader. Staff will be along the decorated fence to cheer your student.
- We will be collecting chromebooks and distributing student personal items by grade level the last week of school. Families with children in multiple grade levels can pick up on their oldest student’s day.
- Monday, May 18th: Kinder
- Tuesday, May 19th: PK and 1st grade
- Wednesday, May 20th: Alpine (2nd/3rd grades)
- Thursday, May 21st: Summit (4th/5th grades)
Please bring your student’s chromebook and any library books or other school items. We will have classroom personal items, yearbooks, and class pictures ready to return to you.
Watch for more details as we get closer to the end of school.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for sharing your students with me!
Principal Ashley Lawson