Monday, March 16th, 2020
Please know every prayer as we take on all the little details of hunkering down and preparing for some unusual weeks. Here's just a quick update for St Augustine's:
- The Memorial Service for Larry Sheldon has been made Family-Only, in accordance with Bishop Barker's instruction that we suspend public worship. We will be streaming the service on the parish Facebook Live account:
- You can tune in tomorrow at 4:00 pm at:
- Quick tips:
- You do NOT need a Facebook account, but if you do not have one, a somewhat-distracting "Login" banner will appear at the bottom of your screen. You may ignore it.
- To find our live stream, you will need to scroll down a bit on our Facebook page to our "posts."
- You may also need to refresh the page if you log on before we begin streaming.
- Some members were able to host "Watch parties" for our Morning Prayer worship on Sunday; if you are online to hold Deacon Pat and Larry's family in vigil and prayer with us, and know how to host a watch party, please do take the lead there to help others find their way to the live stream.
- We will be switching the Romans Bible Study to an online gathering using the parish's Facebook Live stream. You can tune in tonight at 6:30 at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/st.augustine.omaha/
- Our format will be a lot more casual; with apologies, Fr Ben hasn't prepared as much this week, so we'll do more of a direct reading of some of the middle sections!
- Our other ministries are shifting to electronic gatherings, including:
- The Elaine Randall Book Club
- Committee Meetings
- Your ministry leader should be in touch about these; please contact them, or Kate or Fr Ben, if you have questions!
- Our Youth Programming is still on hiatus, but Kate is reviewing possible online options -- stay tuned!
- Some of you have asked about giving and online giving, as we are not gathering in person at present. We are researching stronger options, but right now:
- Checks may still be mailed to the parish
- Your bank may have an option to directly mail a check; this would be set up with the bank
- Our website (sainta.net) has a paypal option, but this option has a usage fee of 1.5% -- we are looking into options that may not have this fee.
Above all, I know we're all thinking of one another right now; and I want to encourage us again to make a practice of just texting or calling (or Facetime'ing) some of our friends from church! Connection is the antidote to isolation, and helps restore our spirits.
I expect there will be a reminder e-mail tomorrow with reminder details about our memorial service, and then our usual e-mail Thursday with updated details to make online worship easier, and other notes.
Thanks for all you are doing, meanwhile, and stay safe and healthy!