Gessner Road Reconstruction Public Engagement Meeting April 13
Next Wednesday's Gessner Road Reconstruction public engagement meeting at the Tracy Gee Community Center will provide community update to the upcoming Gessner Reconstruction project. The Department of Public Works and Engineering (PWE) will be presenting the revised plan for Gessner Road between Buffalo Bayou and Richmond Avenue.
Highlights of this revised plan include:
PWE is not recommending the six lane reconstruction between Westheimer and Buffalo Bayou nor a grade separation at Westheimer Road at this time or in the foreseeable future. Additionally, because of this revised scope, there will be one project for the entire area instead of three separate projects.
- Maintain four lanes of traffic between Buffalo Bayou and Westheimer Road with concrete road panel replacement in areas that have problems.
- Reconstruct the intersection at Briar Forest Drive to include additional turn lanes and incorporate the bike lanes along Briar Forest Drive through the intersection.
- Evaluate median openings for better efficiencies and access management.
- Reconstruct from Westheimer Road south to Richmond Avenue to six lanes, add left turn lanes at median openings and second left turn lanes at Richmond.
- Address storm drainage concerns by adding inlets, upsizing lines, and providing mitigation as appropriate.
- Replace water and wastewater lines as needed
All exhibits and the presentation will be available on-line for review after the meeting.