Desert Fast Pitch: Two Local Organizations in the Spotlight
All of the semifinalist organizations' respective representatives received training in telling their "story" in a 3-minute pitch. They learned to highlight their organization's mission, goals and need for funding in a more engaging and compelling manner. They benefitted from training they received from National Communications expert Andy Goodman, founder of The Goodman Center and coaching and mentoring from local experts in the communications field.
Angel View, Inc.
Patti Park, Executive Director
Mission: Helping children and adults with disabilities reach their maximum potential.
To assist the broadest possible spectrum of clients with disabilities, a wide range of services are offered:
- 24-hour residential nursing care in 19 group homes
- Therapeutic Day Programs for adults with developmental disabilities
- Outreach program for local children with disabilities
Four primary components:
-Free resources and referrals, and assistance completing forms and accessing services;
-Mileage reimbursement for "medical miles" traveled accessing specialty pediatric care;
-Mini-grants for medical equipment, supplies and services not covered by Medi-Cal or other sources;
-Activity sponsorships for programs that accept children with disabilities, some examples are. UCP Skills Builders, AYSO VIP league (soccer for kids with special needs).
Mika Moulton, Founder/Executive Director
Mission: Christopher's Clubhouse is dedicated to providing educational programs in order to empower children, teens, and women with the skills to avoid exploitation, and to spreading the Light of Hope that all children and families can be safe from predatory crimes.
Family Safety Camp, a program designed for 6-12 year old children that provides practical and realistic life skills.
- Teen Groups In Focus (TGIF), a program designed specifically for teens ages 13-19 that helps them focus on their own personal safety including resistance to abduction, dating bill of rights, social networking, safety and more.
- RAD for Women Basic Physical Defense-A program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for teen girls and women of all abilities.
- Internet Safety Seminars for Families-Parents and children learn, share and become informed of the value of internet safety.
- Free Fingerprinting and IDs for Children. State of the art equipment provides parents with a picture, all 10 fingerprints, and a CD video of the child for safe keeping.
To register for RAP's Conference and Fast Pitch, Click here