According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 205,850 injuries occur each year on playgrounds, and approximately fifteen children will die from playground related injuries. CPSI is the most comprehensive training program on playground hazard identification and risk management methods offered anywhere and
is designed to educate and train individuals to identify and reduce risks. Advanced reading and fifteen hours of training from nationally known playground safety experts will prepare participants to sit for the
Certified Playground Safety Inspector examination
offered at the culmination of the certification course; it is also approved for CEUs.
- identifying hazards on playgrounds
- developing risk management tools
- importance of comprehensive playground safety program from a legal perspective
- test methods for entrapments, protrusions, and entanglement
- national standards and guidelines.
The CPSI is a must for:
- child care facilities
- health departments
- playground manufacturers and installers
- insurance firms
- food chain franchises
- park and recreation agencies
- maintenance facilities, and
- others responsible for playgrounds.
* Please plan your registration and payment accordingly. A minimum of three weeks of study time is recommended; NRPA does not advise sitting for the exam if materials have not been read thoroughly.
Regular registration rate ends January 31, 2018!