Thank you for stepping up to participate in the 13th Annual SEA Blue Chicago Prostate Cancer Walk & Run! It’s only a few weeks away but there’s still time to fundraise. Please remember that SEA Blue donations help fund the work of Us TOO providing educational resources and support services to the prostate cancer community at no charge.
SEA Blue is made up of all levels of walkers and runners. But you are all first place winners when it comes to helping those affected by prostate cancer. And any participant who raises or donates $50 will enjoy their complimentary beverage at the event in a
special blue color-changing cup!
Participant Action Steps:
- Create and personalize your own fundraising page (which you customize through the registration site).
- Reach out to your network of friends, co-workers and relatives with an email explaining the importance of the cause and asking them to support your participation in the event. (Email template provided on your fundraising page).
- Share your fundraising page via social media!
Here are some tips to keep in mind when it comes to fundraising:
- Feel good about what you are doing! While donations are supporting your efforts, people aren’t giving money to you. The funds you’re generating will help others who rely on the services and resources provided by Us TOO at no charge.
- Remember that not every email sent will generate a donation. Set a fundraising goal for the week and send enough emails to reach it. For example, if your goal for the week is $100, and your average donation amount is $10, plan to send 10 emails.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to send the same person more than one email request for a donation if they have not previously responded. Being persistent, polite and professional for a good cause is not generally considered “being pushy.”
- Send a follow-up email if a prospective donor hasn’t responded to your first email after a week. They could have the best intentions to donate, but it may have slipped off their radar (until they receive the reminder email from you, that is!)
We know that the reason you participate in SEA Blue and raise funds isn’t about you. But we’d like to show you our appreciation, so we’re offering these great prizes to our top individual fundraisers:
- Raise $50 and receive a 12 oz. SEA Blue color-changing cup
- Raise $250 and receive a SEA Blue fleece hat
- Raise $500 and receive a SEA Blue roll-up blanket
- Raise $1500 and receive a Fitbit Alta HR
- Raise $2500 and receive a pair of Bose earbuds
- Raise $5000 and receive an iPad Pro
(With the exception of the color-changing cups, please note prizes are not cumulative and are based on individual fundraiser totals not team totals).
On behalf of UroPartners and the Us TOO board, staff and volunteers, those we have helped in their battle with prostate cancer, and those we will help – Thank You!
The SEA Blue event is presented by
. Money raised will help fund the prostate cancer education resources and support services provided at no charge from Us TOO International, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Thank You to Our SEA Blue Sponsors:
Blue Diamond Level
Pints for Prostates
Home Run Inn
Frank H. Stowell & Sons, Inc.
Bank of America
NorthShore University HealthSystem
PFS (Patzik, Frank & Samotny Ltd.)
Riewer and Collins, LLC