Are you feeling the excitement?!Get on the Bus (GOTB) 2011 is coming up this week! We invite you to join us this Friday, April 8th in New York City. Please check out these important links to get ready for the day.
- Online registration is closing tomorrow, April 5th. This is your last call for the pre-event registration discount rate of $8 and last chance to get a seat on the buses leaving from Boston!
- The bus packet/event program is now posted and available for download. (Printed packets also will be available at Cooper Union).
- Schedule of events (with planned times and locations)
- Background info and videos on GOTB actions and issues. Also check out our action letters, ready to download, print, and sign.
Last Chance to Register Early
Advanced registration for GOTB 2011 has been extended until tomorrow, Tuesday, April 5th ($8/person). Through our website, you also can reserve one of the last few seats on one of the 4 buses we charter -- leaving from the Alewife MBTA Station in Cambridge, MA -- for $40 per person (which includes the bus seat, driver tip, and event registration). On-site registration at Cooper Union is $10/person.
Pre-Event Registration Only: $8.00
Pre-Event Registration + Boston Bus Fare: $40.00
Event Day Registration Fee: $10.00
What to Expect
GOTB runs 10am - 5pm
so check out the schedule of events for times, locations, and get ready for the day!
are almost filled. If you have signed up for a Boston bus, look for a separate email early this week with additional details on your bus assignment. Our meeting time is 5:30am. The last bus will leave promptly at 6:00am from Alewife MBTA Station. (Note: This is too early in the morning to use public transportation to get to Alewife; the first train to Alewife leaves South Station at 5:32am.)
will be held at The Great Hall at the The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. The street address for directions is: 7 East 7th Street, New York, NY 10003; closest subway stations are: Astor Place, 8th Street & Lexington and 8th Street (NYU).
It's not too late to volunteer with us on event day.
We're always looking for creative ideas for the afternoon rallies and volunteers for our street crew.
- Design homemade banners and posters
- Lead rally chants (and take care of the bullhorns)
- Distribute official posters and fliers
Email us email@example.com to sign up to volunteer.
Tell us what you're up to!
Are you organizing your own bus? Taking the commuter train? Biking to NYC? Share your stories: post a note on GOTB's Facebook Wall. Give us a shout out on Twitter @aiusa_gotb and we'll Tweet back!