Are you ready to celebrate all things green on Sunday? I love holiday foods, but I don’t care for the food coloring that often goes with it. Try this all-natural idea for a fun breakfast food! Tip: Don’t let the kids in the kitchen until you’ve put away all traces of spinach and they’ll never know the secret!
1 c. packed fresh spinach
1 c. milk or buttermilk
1 large egg
1 T. oil
1 c. white whole wheat flour
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
- In a blender, combine the spinach, milk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with a touch of butter or oil.
- Pour batter onto pan and cook until done!