Dear Gianni's Cafe Guests and Community,
In light of the ongoing news around the coronavirus, we wanted to take a moment to let you know that the health and safety of our guests, employees and community are our top priority. We are doing everything we can to make the best and most informed decisions around this issue so we can continue to serve you.
Being in the family-owned restaurant business for the past 17 years, we have continuously worked to uphold industry standards when it comes to cleanliness and sanitation in our restaurants. Below is a summary of our safety policies which follow the guidelines suggested by the CDC and the
- Increased Sanitization Measures: We continue to sanitize all surfaces that people touch with increased frequency (tables, countertops, the bar, stalls menus, door handles and kitchen). To further increase these measures, all staffers are required to clean workstations with a disinfectant throughout the day and continuously wipe down and sanitize the increased frequency areas referenced above throughout their shift.
- Hand Washing: We continue to emphasize and train employees to follow strict hand washing policies, which include washing hands at least every 30 minutes for 20 seconds with soap and water. We also encourage them to wash hands after touching his or her face, before and after eating, using the restroom or preparing food. We ensure all dispensers have hand soap and paper towels present at all times.
- Gloves: Our employees will continue to wear plastic gloves when prepping any ready-to-eat foods and they will change gloves every 15 minutes, or more frequently as needed.
- Sick Policies: We enforce a strict rule that any employee exhibiting any signs of sickness will be prohibited from working, without job security repercussions.
- Following National Guidelines: We are closely monitoring information from the CDC, the World Health Organization and public health officials and will continue to follow their guidelines.
We are still offering a full
at both Kildeer and Palatine for your convenience. The same safety guidelines apply. Our carry-out service is also available through Uber Eats for
We will continue to keep you apprised of new developments and possible changes.
Thank you for your continued support.