Summer is upon us sun filled days, plenty of cold drinks and lots of kids in Israel, everywhere. And who doesn't love kids! Right. So here are a few guidelines we try to live by during the Summer, and all year at Beit Immanuel Congregation that will probably make you smile, and hopefully encourage you to go that extra mile (or 2, depending on how fast your child tries to run!).
To the parents of our young children...
1. God put the wiggle in children. Don't feel you have to suppress it in God's House. All are Welcome!
2. Sit in front where it is easier for your little ones to see what's going on. They tire of seeing the backs of others' heads.
3. Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the worship team, pastor and others.
4. Sing the songs with them.
Children love to copy you.
5. If you must leave the service with your child, feel free, but do come back. As Jesus said, "Let the children come to me."
6. Remember that the way we welcome children in our congregation directly affects the way they respond to God and to one another. Let them know that they are home in God's house of worship.
7. Please welcome children and give a smile of encouragement to their parents. They really need it!