Seven years ago the GivingTuesday global movement was launched to call attention, for one day, to all the good work done by non-profit groups around the world.
We at the
Spanish American Center
happy to count ourselves as part of this campaign. We need you - more than ever!
You can say thank you to local organizations whose mission you believe in by making a gift of support to them on GivingTuesday. This year
would you consider a donation here, locally, for a cause you know? We at the Spanish American Center make an immediate impact on the quality of life here in North Central Massachusetts through our programs and services like these:
- Food Pantry - in September alone we assisted 359 people representing 100 households in need!
- Soup Kitchen community suppers for the needy/homeless.
- Breakfast cafe - programs for everyone in need.
- English Classes (we now have a waiting list due to high demand!)
- Domestic violence outreach - community co-ordination & education.
- Domestic violence interventions - direct work with families at risk.
- Summer nutrition programs.
- Elders group and senior advocacy.
- Legal clinics.
- Information and referral supports.
All are offered in a culturally sensitive environment promoting client dignity, safety, and respect!