Leads the Region and its Regional Board. The role includes overseeing strategy, finances, volunteer recruitment, scheduling, policies and procedures, growth and most of all, making soccer fun for the players.
Coach Administration Team and Division Coordinators
- Recruit coaches over the summer to ensure all teams are covered
- Establish training sessions for each division. Track all coaches having taken the appropriate level of training
- Ensure that AYSO's positive coaching standards are followed by all volunteers. Resolve conflicts if they are not.
- Coordinate the rating of all players to aid in balancing next year's teams
- Provide guidance and regular communications. Develop new programs for Glenview volunteers to become the best coaches they can be.
Referee Administration Team
The region administrator is the liaison to the referees, is involved in recruiting new referees, organizes the fall division meeting; works with refs on training, game schedules, and other division tasks as necessary. Attends staff training, monthly board meeting, spring coach meeting, annual section meeting.
Registration & Team Formation Team
- Publicize onsite and online registration across the community
- Assist with the onsite registration sessions in May & June.
- Manage the administrative paperwork of registrations, payments and age verification.
- Follow-up with parents as necessary to ensure players are properly entered into the eAYSO system.
- As the Coach Administration team is locking in coaches, the Team Formation coordinators are adding players and forming balanced teams in all divisions.
- Track waitlisted players and place on teams as space permits
Equipment Management & Safety Team
- Throughout the season, assist with distributing equipment on the fields.
- Inspect the fields prior to game time and provide input if game cancellation are recommended
- Ensure safety by inspecting goals for damage and repairing/replacing.
- Between seasons, inspect and take inventory of goals, flags and equipment
Child & Volunteer Protection Advocate (CVPA) Team
Maintains the Safe Haven program for our region and ensures that all volunteers are properly checked and certified on child safety.
Handles the financial activity of the Region, and its paperwork, including registration collection and recording, savings, paying bills and deposits.
Team Parent Coordinator
Act as the main contact for individual Team Parents, funneling questions/requests/issues to the appropriate people within the league
- Manage order with uniform vendor
- Coordinate delivery and distribution to teams prior to beginning of Fall season
- Track uniform assignments as players are added to teams
For puzzle enthusiasts!
Organize 125 teams into 6 times slots on 17 fields around Glenview, while avoiding game conflicts for volunteers coaching multiple teams.
Skills Clinics & Team Workshops Coordinator(s)
- Establish the schedule with the UK Trainers
- Promote the hidden gem of Glenview AYSO for player development
- Track signups and communicate weather-related changes as necessary