Gluten-Free Crumpets from Harry Potter
Yield: 8 servings
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- � teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease 4 crumpet rings (or 4 round 3�-inch cookie cutters) and a skillet or griddle using butter or non-stick spray. Whisk together the gluten-free flour, sugar, yeast and salt until well combined.
- Add the milk and melted butter and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place until puffy and risen, about 1 to 1� hours.
- Stir down the mixture. Heat the greased skillet or griddle and put the crumpet rings inside. Using a measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup batter into each ring. Cook over low heat until the tops fill with holes, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the crumpet rings (they will be very hot, so use tongs or oven mitts) and flip the crumpets over. They should be pale brown on the bottom. Cook until the other side is pale brown, about 5 minutes more. Repeat until the batter is used up.
- To serve, toast the crumpets until golden brown and serve with butter or jam.