Hello and Congratulations on Last Week's Awards!
Before we get into the comp info, a few notes:
- Yes, there is band practice this Friday at 7 am! The practice was accidentally omitted from the band news last Sunday. Sorry for anyone who got excited.
- Senior night is this Friday — wear your retro shirt. Because students need to wear their royal blue "Viking helmet" shirt to practice on Thursday and to the band competition on Saturday, on Friday they should wear their navy-blue "retro" shirt under their uniform. So those of you who have just one practice shirt have a whole day to wash it!
- Pick up pre-ordered "Wonderland" t-shirts at Thursday evening's practice!
Where Is the Tournament?
Important Times for Saturday
- 10:45 am: Call time at Samohi
- 7:45 pm: Vikings' showtime at Simi Valley High School
- Plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating. Entry is only allowed between each performance.
- 10:00-10:30 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container (we are trying to cut down on paper cups!)
- Your Dinkles and black socks (white socks for Front Ensemble)
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi, snacks for later, and/or money for concessions if you want them. Dinner is served at competitions.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes to change into after your performance
For Parents: What to Do
- Come to the field show during Friday night's football game at SMC! The students will be performing the full "Wonderland" show at halftime, and seniors will receive their medals afterwards. Bring family and friends! Entrance is cash only: $8 for adults and $5 for students with IDs.
- Drive out to cheer at the competition on Saturday. Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 7:45 pm. Make sure to come earlier to support the band and our host school. Entrance is $10/person at the gate. You should park in the high school’s east lot at Cochran and Stow Streets (entrance on Cochran) or along Stow and its side streets. (Here’s the campus map again!) The main spectator entrance is on Stow St. in front of the stadium entrance and ticket booth.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Jump into the rabbit hole of Wonderland t-shirts in the stands!
- Take loads of photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: samohiband/vikings100
- If you haven't yet, please make sure your student's $50 meal package for the season is paid. You can send in a check to the Band Room or pay online here: Marching Band Payments.
Send us a line:
Many thanks for all of your support!