Dear CASA Volunteers:
During these unpredictable times, we are paying close attention to the evolving dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of the children we serve, our volunteers and staff are of the utmost importance to us, and we will continue to take precautions to keep everyone safe as we monitor and advocate for children who are currently in the child welfare system.
I am proud to say, our committed staff and volunteers have done an amazing job, adapting to new practices, protocols and technology, ensuring our children’s best interests are met and their voices continue to be heard.
The Coronavirus and its impact on our entire community is of great concern to everyone at Tippecanoe County CASA. The health and safety of our volunteers, staff and the children we serve is our top priority. With this in mind, we are stepping back and taking several precautionary measures to help slow the continued spread of COVID-19. We ask our volunteers to follow the guideline below to the best of their abilities.
- Return to all virtual contacts as much as possible. This includes visits, CFTMS and other contacts. If you feel that it is imperative that you have an in-person interaction, please follow GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON VISITS listed on our website.
Take the time to review the ADVOCATING IN A PANDEMIC section on our website.
- Attend required court hearings if you are healthy and have not had any contact with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been quarantined.
- Continue to communicate with your Volunteer Coordinator on a regular basis so that they can provide support as needed. Let them know if you have questions or need guidance.
- Program staff will continue to be in the office for a portion of their time each week. You can always call the main number to find out who is in office. Try to refrain from coming into the office unless it is necessary.
- DCS leadership has been informed of this change, yet it is always good to let your case manager that you are working with.
Thank you for all you do for our kids!
Coleen T. Connor
Executive Director | Tippecanoe County CASA
301 Main Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
765.423.9109 ext. 7