For those wishing to make donations of goods to the Valley Fire Shelter, the Calistoga Beverage Company, located at 865 Silverado Trail North, Calistoga, CA 94515 is currently the designated site for drop-offs. Donations will be accepted every day from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Due to the generous support of the community, the shelter has plenty of toilet paper, baby items, water, and clothing (coats and plus size clothing still needed).
Needed items at this time: battery operated camping lanterns, touch lights, flashlights or headlamps (please include batteries); plus sized clothing and undergarments; coats and jackets in all sizes; new beanies and sun hats; neck coolers; sunscreen; lip balm; hair ties; waterproof storage tubs in various sizes.
Lake County Animal Services is coordinating the needs of the displaced animals. Animal Services are fully stocked with donations of medical supplies, animal food (for domestic animals and livestock, including hay), cleaning supplies, and trailers for transport. However, their needs will continue to change throughout the response, and the public is advised to call to check on donation needs. Lake County Animal Services will be open every day, including this weekend, from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and can be reached at 707-263-0278.
LOVE Lake County Fire Relief is maintaining an inventory of additional Donation Centers (nonprofits, businesses and individuals) dedicated to helping the Lake County fire relief effort: http://www.lovelakecounty.org. It is recommended you call organizations prior to dropping items off.
Monetary donations remain an excellent way to provide assistance to displaced individuals. Financial donations can be made to the following:Redwood Credit Union - 100% of donations will go directly to aid victims and relief efforts: https://www.redwoodcu.org/lakecountyfirevictims . Or, make a check payable to Redwood Credit Union to: RCU Lake County Fire Relief, c/o Redwood Credit Union, P.O. Box 6104, Santa Rosa, CA 95406
* American Red Cross at www.redcross.org/donate.
* Lake County Assistance Center: Distributes funds to assist victims of the Lake County fires. Website: http://www.lakecountylac.com/
* United Way of the Wine Country: Donations made to United Way of the Wine Country's website from September 14, 2015 - September 30, 2015 will be directed to United Way Relief Fund to help those affected by the devastating fires and their aftermath in Lake County. Donate online at https://volunteer.truist.com/uwwc-2/donate/. Or, mail your donation to: United * Way of the Wine Country 975 Corporate Center Parkway, Suite 160 Santa Rosa, CA 95407.
* Wine Country Animal Lovers: Wine Country Animal Lovers (WCAL) - a 501(c)3 non-profit animal rescue serving the upper Napa Valley and Lake County:
Emergency responders are working hard to coordinate volunteer efforts for people wishing to lend a hand for disaster relief. Here are a few ways to volunteer:
* The Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership is coordinating volunteers at the Valley Fire Shelter in Calistoga. Community members interested in volunteering may register at: http://volunteer.cvnl.org/need/detail/?need_id=143893
* Interested volunteers may also register on site at the Napa County Fair in Calistoga. Please check-in at the volunteer table located between the Tubbs Building and Butler Pavilion near Gate 3 off of N. Oak Street in Calistoga from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
* North Coast Opportunities - https://www.ncoinc.org/, 707-462-1954 or Toll Free 1-800-606-5550
* American Red Cross: If you are not currently a Red Cross volunteer but are interested in helping support response efforts, please email VYSNB@redcross.org. A representative from the Volunteer Department will follow up with you about paperwork dependent upon your location. If you want to be trained as a Red Cross disaster volunteer to respond to future disasters, sign up at http://tinyurl.com/redcrossNCCRvolunteer.
GENERAL RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
General Information and Updates
* County of Sonoma - http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/
* Facebook - County of Sonoma, California
* Twitter - @CountyofSonoma
* Nixle - text zip code to 888777
CAL FIRE: 707-967-4207 (Fire Information Line)
Sonoma County 2-1-1 is operating as an information line for neighboring counties:
Dial: 2-1-1 or 1-800-325-9604 if calling from out of the 707 area code
Red Cross Safe and Well:
If you have family or friends in the impacted area, and want to check on their wellbeing, go to: https://safeandwell.communityos.org.
Evacuated residents that need to check on the status