Golf Operations Update Tuesday, April 14th
Our maintenance team is working hard to restore both courses to playability after Monday's storms ripped through several holes on each course.
- Crooked Oaks is open for play today except for hole #3 which should be open tomorrow
- Ocean Winds is closed today and will also be closed Wednesday possibly opening back up on Thursday (at least the back 9)
- Ocean Winds renovation will begin Monday, April 20th and the course will be closed until September
Look Good and Play Better
Since the golf shop and clubhouse is closed, we're bringing you an opportunity to shop from the comfort of your homes. We've put together an exciting assortment of vendors with merchandise at sale prices so click on the links below and start shopping.
member charge or credit card- 20% discount-logo included in price
member charge or credit card-20% discount-$3 logo charge
member charge or credit card-25% discount-$6 logo charge
for Fairway & Greene/Zero Restriction/EP NY
* Credit card online only - 15% discount - logo included on all tops
place order online - delivers directly to your home-shipping charges apply through company
For Adidas, Johnnie O and Golftini, place order with Kristin
or 843-768-7979 on island delivery or curbside pickup,
off island ships for free to your home
Titleist Loyalty Rewarded
Applies to Pro V1, Pro V1x and the new AVX golf balls. Purchase 3 dozen personalized golf balls for $150 plus tax and receive 1 dozen free. To place your order, please contact the golf shop at 843-768-2529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know what type of golf ball you want, what you would like imprinted on your golf balls, and what color ink you would like for the personalization - Don't delay, the promotion ends April 19th!
*Please note the Titleist custom ball plant is currently shut down so it will be at least 4 - 5 weeks before orders are shipped.
Golf Play Continues At The Club Under The COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Check-in for golf with the Starter outside near the driving range tee. A limited number of pro shop items (balls, gloves, etc.) are available for purchase.
- For practicing on the range, check in with the Starter. Range balls are $6 per bag and will be charged to member accounts (exception for Full Resident members)
- Towels, coolers, scorecards and pencils have been removed from the carts. Scorecards and pencils may be individually picked up from the Starters table near the range. We recommend that you bring your own towel and water bottle.
- Golfers must maintain 6' of separation at all times. If you can swing your driver in a circle and hit someone, you are too close. Maintain separation on the tee, putt your ball out and then stand back for the next player to finish the hole.
- Upon conclusion of your round, please dispose of all trash and return the golf cart to the staff to be cleaned and sanitized for the next member.
- After play, no lingering. Gathering after the round in groups of larger than 3 has been prohibited by SC Executive Order. Tip your hat, gather your belongings and please leave the Club property immediately upon completion of play.
- The golf pro shop and locker rooms remain closed to members and guests. Restrooms will remain open.
- Tee times may be made via phone (843) 768 - 2529 and online in the members' section of www.discoverseabrook.com. For same day play, please call the golf shop.
- Mixed Couples, MGA and SILGA are using online scoring. Printed scorecards for all group play are not be available at this time.
- Cart usage is limited to single riders only with the exception of family members who may choose to ride together. However, walking is encouraged. There is a limited supply of golf carts. They will be available as long as the supply lasts.
- Golf bag storage has been postponed and members are asked to handle their own golf bag. There is no due date for when members should pick up their bags...simply keep your clubs with you the next time you play or practice, rather than returning them to the golf staff.
- Rental equipment and demo clubs are not available.
- Rakes and ball washers have been removed and inverted cups have been installed. For balls in a footprint, the ball may be moved to the nearest unaffected area in a bunker no nearer the hole.
Golf Genius Online Scoring
When playing in a SILGA, MGA or Mixed Couples event, we are using live scoring on the Golf Genius APP. If you plan to play in an event, please download the APP on your phone.
The afternoon prior to play, your foursome will receive an email with your group's players, tee time, course and Foursome GGID code. A tee sheet with all participants playing in that event will be attached.
Please save the GGID code, on the day of play prior to play, open your Golf Genius App, when it asks to sign in, put your foursomes GGID code and press, SIGN IN. The event will load the players in your group, tap on your name and the first hole will load with players. Post the gross score for each player and hit SAVE SCORES. The screen will automatically advance to the next hole. Continue this process for the entirety of your round.
At the top of the screen please note there are two options: Scoring and Leaderboard. You may toggle back and forth to see the live leaderboard as other participants post their scores. We hope you'll enjoy Live Scoring on Golf Genius and thanks for working with us through these trying times.
PGA Professional Led Coaching Sessions
Tuesdays from 10 - 11 Short Game
Wednesdays from 10 - 11 Bunker and wedge play
Thursdays from 10 - 11 Full Swing
Saturdays from 11 - 12 Full Swing
$15 for members & $20 for guests
Limited to 3 people per person due to COVID-19