During this unprecedented time, Goodman Jewish Family Services continues to function remotely, providing food, counseling, crisis response and information and referral services. As a leading comprehensive social services agency in Broward County, Goodman JFS is available to provide essential services during this critical time of need.
We are working closely with local, state and government authorities to follow guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Below are updates on our programs and services that are available to you at this time:
Behavioral Health Associates of Broward, Counseling Centers of Goodman JFS
- Face-to-face services are postponed at both Davie and Coral Springs locations. Clinicians and staff are available to schedule appointments, get referrals and answer questions during business hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and 8:30am-4pm on Friday at 954-908-0888. For more information, visit www.bhabroward.org.
- BHAB will be launching a remote counseling option, Tele-Mental Health services by the beginning of April or sooner.
- Domestic Abuse confidential helpline is available: 954-560-8303 Monday- Friday 9am-4pm.
The Dorit and Ben J. Genet Cupboard
- Until further notice, the Cupboard’s in-person shopping clients are being served as drive through appointments to receive a pre-packed bag of groceries. Delivery clients will receive their pre-packed groceries at their doorstep.
- The Cupboard is not scheduling large volunteer groups in order to avoid crowds of more than 10 people. Volunteer support is still needed at the warehouse and for deliveries. For more information on how to volunteer contact: Cristina Martinez email@example.com or call 954-530-7555.
Holocaust Survivor Assistance Program
- Care Managers are in constant contact with our Holocaust survivors and their families checking on their well-being and making sure they are prepared with food, medicine, and household supplies.
- The Young Leadership Division of Jewish Federation of Broward County and JOIN PAPA has begun to coordinate shopping efforts for those clients who do not have local families to help get groceries.
- Home Health Aides provided by the Jewish Family Home Care, as well as other home health agencies, continue to care for our clients with utmost care and precaution. Clients continue to receive skilled nursing and medication management from Nursing Plus of Broward County: A Wholly Subsidiary of Jewish Family Home Care.
Family Link Care Management – A resource for families seeking help for a loved one
- Care Managers are continuing to work with our families and assisting with phone support.
- We are continuing to serve clients and will be abiding by any restrictions or requests put in place by the hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other care communities.
- Serving clients through telephone and video conferencing in place of in-person visits when necessary.
- If you are concerned about someone that resides in Broward County please feel free to contact the Family Link Care Management program at 954-909-0798.
Joshua’s Path / BOOST – Services for the Developmentally Disabled
- The Joshua's Path/BOOST team is available to answer questions and provide referrals to appropriate resources and services for those who have an adult loved one with a disability. For assistance, please call us at 954-909-0822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Broward Jewish Abilities Alliance website (BCJAA) is available 24/7 for families to easily navigate and search for resources in the community: browardcounty.jewishabilities.org.
Emergency Financial Assistance
- Assistance may be available as one-time support for issues directly related to the COVID-19 Crisis. Individual requests will be evaluated based on documented financial need. For more information call: 954-370-2140.
For more than half a century, Goodman JFS has helped thousands of people each year who face life’s hardest challenges and provides support to people of all ages, regardless of race, religion, ethnic background or sexual orientation.
GJFS is here to help – even in the most trying times - to serve our community. And now, as we face this unprecedented crisis, we thank you for your incredible support of our work and mission. Together we will get through this and become even better and stronger than before.
Stay healthy and safe.