It has become apparent that most, if not all, ballot types in Orange County will stretch to 3-pages (unlike 2016 when most ballot types were 2-pages).
The reason for this is pretty straightforward - for instance:
- There are 27 candidates for Governor
- There are 11 candidates for Lt. Governor
- There are 8 candidates for Secretary of State
- There are some Assembly and Senate contests with 10 or more candidates
- There are some Congressional contests with 15 or more candidates
Combine this with countywide contests, state propositions and local contests and you end up with a lengthy ballot. This will also change the amount of postage required to return a ballot - from $.50 to $.71.