Dear MTC family,
Midlands Technical College’s current method of alternative instruction for students and work-from-home capabilities for employees supports the “Stay at Home or Work Order” issued by Governor Henry McMaster today. We echo the governor in encouraging everyone to stay home, stay healthy, and do their part to flatten the curve.
Additionally, no later than Friday, April 10, we will provide you the college’s plans for the summer session. No matter what the delivery method, I can assure you these affordable courses are always a great way to get a jump on the next school year.
Exams: 4 Weeks from Today
May 4th is exactly four weeks from today. That’s the date when exams begin for Spring courses. There is plenty of time to make sure you are getting things done. If you need help, I encourage you to reach out to your instructor, advisor, or the MTC
Academic Success Center.
With student success in mind, we are offering tutors 24/7 via Tutor.com. To access, log-on to your D2L page. Click on the "College Links" menu one of your courses. Then, select Tutor.com and follow the on-screen instructions. Here’s a sampling of feedback we’re received recently from your MTC peers.
- This is really a great program.
- Very excellent! Very patient and helps me a lot! Would do horrible without him. Highly recommend!
- I have been out of school for 30 years, and tonight worked a problem for 45 minutes before reaching out. Once I had the tutor walk through this with me, I got it.
- This is an excellent service…my tutor saved my life on this problem!
Finally, a special Thank You today to our nursing program. Late last week, they answered another a call for help. On Friday, MTC
delivered protective gear
to health care providers at Providence Hospital in Columbia. In addition, MTC also donated medical supplies to Prisma Health, S.C. DHEC, Lexington Medical Center, Lexington Extended Care, and the Heritage at Lowman in Chapin.
As always, we encourage you to contact us if you have questions.
- Dial 803.738.8324 and leave a message. Calls will be returned within 24 hours.
- If you prefer to text, that number is 803.738.1400.
- Online chat with a college representative is also available on www.midlandstech.edu.
- Or, you can email to email@example.com.
- Information Resource Management Help Desk: 803.738.7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org..
President Ron Rhames