Class of 2020,
First, we want to thank you for your patience and perseverance in our pursuit to honor the class of 2020 on their graduation. The graduation team has reconvened to develop a safe plan that complies with the state requirements for social distancing and crowd size utilizing a “drive thru” format. We are excited to celebrate our Class of 2020 graduates for their momentous accomplishment.
The LNC 2020 Graduation Ceremony will take place as follows:
Monday, July 13 at the LNC High School Campus
Graduates and their families can arrive anytime between 10:00am and 12:00pm.
Please note, the graduate
be present to receive their diploma. Those who are not able to attend may pick up their diplomas at the high school office this summer Monday – Wednesday from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
Detailed Instructions are as follows; please read carefully while referring to
- Families will enter LNC from Old Statesville Road (highway 115). The graduate should sit in the passenger back seat for easy exit and entry while another family member sits in the passenger front seat to capture the moment through photos or video. The graduate should be wearing their cap and gown adorned with any honor society cords that they received. The cap’s tassel should be positioned to the right. Due to the non-traditional nature of our ceremony, the graduate may wear clothing and footwear of their choice.
- Once on campus, vehicles will turn right at the HS rock, toward the HS gym. Look for the balloons and the junior marshal to direct you as you drive up to the HS gym lobby doors. Once in front of the HS gym lobby you will call out your graduate’s name (please remain in your vehicle) and an LNC staff member will hand your graduate their name card through the vehicle window. At this time, your graduate will also receive any other honors that they have earned including any from Senior Awards Night.
- You will then weave your way through the HS student parking lot, following the direction of the LNC staff and junior marshals, using Lane 2 to make your way toward the HS carpool area.
- At the LNC flagpole, you will stop the vehicle and your graduate will exit the car and give their name card to Ms. McFarland or Ms. Casillas. Your graduate will walk toward Mr. Smith, who will be standing under a white tent, as you remain in Lane 2 and slowly follow your graduate’s procession. A teacher will announce your child’s name as they approach and Mr. Smith will present your son or daughter with their diploma. A professional photographer will capture the moment as your child receives their diploma.
- With diploma in hand, your graduate will progress toward the balloon arch, set up at the first pair of brick and blue metal pillars, stopping to pose for a cute photo if they like. Superintendent Stein will pronounce your son or daughter officially graduated and instruct them to reposition their cap’s tassel from the right to the left.
- Finally, your graduate will continue straight along the sidewalk, under the breezeway, toward Mr. Russell. Your child will re-enter your vehicle at the balloon sculpture positioned on the exterior side of the MPR, perhaps pausing for one more fun photo as they enjoy their senior exit song.
- You will safely exit campus just as you would carpool with one detour to the right into the Blue student parking lot to be congratulated and cheered by the LNC teachers and staff as you leave the high school one final time.
On Sunday afternoon, you can expect to receive a reminder email that will also include the ceremony program and video as well as the senior video created by seniors Roger Moore and Kennedy Cox.
Finally, we are thrilled to present the
Senior Awards Night video
. We thank Roger Moore for sharing his talent and time to create a video that is the next best thing to being there in person.
We look forward to seeing our graduates and celebrating their amazing achievement, even in the most trying of times, one week from today!