From my perspective, the biggest takeaways from the survey are:
· 2/3 of nonprofits surveyed can survive six months or less unless they receive additional funding (earned and unearned income).
· 20% have furloughed staff.
· 93% have changed their programs and/or service delivery due to COVID.
· Half of those surveyed said their greatest need now is cash flow to meet operating needs.
So what can you do to help?
· Use your moral imagination. What would your community's landscape look like if your favorite nonprofit had to shutter permanently?
· Reach out to the staff team at those organizations to understand their greatest needs and challenges.
· Support and advocate for the nonprofits that are most meaningful to you. Raise awareness around their needs. Encourage your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors to do the same.
Let me know if you would like to discuss and learn more. Look forward to staying connected.