US 24 Rockfall Mitigation, Cascade to Manitou Springs (completion approximately October, 2018)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily, Monday, August 13 through Thursday, August 16
* Single lane with US 24 eastbound and westbound traffic head to head sharing the US 24 eastbound lane in Ute Pass between Cascade and Manitou Springs (mile post 294 - 301) during hours of operation
* Reduced speed limits
* Extended commute time for congestion in the work zone
* 11 ft. width restriction during working hours
* Work consist of rock drilling, install and grout dowels for pinned mesh.
* Bicyclists are discouraged from riding through the construction zone during hours of operations.
Work is to stabilize large boulders and rocks above from falling onto the highway. For the protection of the traveling public and workers, traffic is moved to the outside lanes to create a safe buffer under where mitigation is taking place.
This work is taking place between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Crews are not working during morning and evening commute times, and are off the road on Saturdays and Sundays.