Greater Dallas AFP Newsletter June 2022
In This Issue

  • President's Message
  • Opportunities for Fundraisers
  • My AFP Now! Story
  • Don't Forget Your $100 Credit!
  • Welcome (back!), new and renewing chapter members
  • Congratulations to new and renewing CFREs
  • Meet your Greater Dallas AFP board of directors
President's Message
Dear Friends,
Recently new neighbors moved next door to us. My husband and I were outside doing some yard work and introduced ourselves, and it was refreshing to get to know them. They moved to our city because they love the community and all it offers. In these trying times, community is so important. Families coming together, neighbors lending a helping hand, random people donating items, food, and shelter, offering up prayers, taking action. I want to take the opportunity to thank you for being members of one of my communities, the Dallas Chapter of AFP. We are over 270 members strong and your participation, volunteer service, and attendance at our events is what makes AFP Greater Dallas such a valued resource for our area’s fundraising professionals. This is the essence of community. We hope to reach 300 members this year and we are well on our way to achieving and even exceeding this goal! Encourage colleagues and friends in your fundraising network to join today!

Thank you to those who have contributed toward the AFP NOW campaign where 70% of the funds raised stays here with your chapter to invest back into programming and activities. The remaining 30% of funds are donated to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy to support global efforts for our fundraising profession. 100% of our Board has contributed so please join us by clicking the online donation link above. Gifts of any amount are greatly appreciated.

I invite you to engage with us for the remaining months of educational programming and events this calendar year, including the National Philanthropy Day celebration in November. There is still time to register for this month’s AFP DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference and CFRE Refresher Course. We’re excited to be back in-person this year! This power-packed conference is not to be missed!  Register today

I am also pleased to share the return of Executive Conversations on June 29th. This will be a free virtual offering to members. There's more to come but please save the date! 

Yours in fundraising,
Christina Moore-Salinas, CFRE
President, Greater Dallas Chapter AFP
Opportunities for Fundraisers
RSVP Deadline Wednesday, June 8, 2022 by 5 PM

WHAT: Dallas Council of Charitable Gift Planners Meeting
WHEN: June 14, 8:00 AM
WHERE: Virtual only

Greater Dallas AFP members attend at Dallas CGP member rate!
PROGRAM: Equipping Your Planned Giving Toolbox with the Right Tools
PRESENTER: Kelli Smith, CFRE, John Ball Zoo

My AFP Now! Story
I support the AFP Now! Campaign because as a fundraising professional, I have personally seen the impact that individuals within our profession are able to have in our partnerships and the communities that we are engaged with each and every day. Supporting this campaign is an investment that has the most significant return, which is long-term community impact. When we invest in ourselves and each other as doers and lifelong learners, amazing things can happen!

Christine Heskes
Associate Director of Advancement
The Lamplighter School
Don't Forget Your $100 Credit!
New for 2022, all AFP professional, young professional and small nonprofit organizational members receive a $100 credit good for premium webinars, select e-courses (including the Fundamentals of Fundraising), or conference recordings through the AFP Blue Sky/Path Learning Management System (LMS).
Learn more at
Welcome, New Members
Teamwork photo
  • Martha Bogdon
  • Paige Doyle, Teach for America
  • Vanessa Hadox, NasherSculpture Center
  • Lauren James, Nasher Sculpture Center
  • Connie Kearns, Texprotects
  • Emily Beaty McMullin, Mommies in Need
  • Brandi Miller
  • Toni Deguire Parker, Teach for America
  • Steven Tandy, American Religious Town Hall Meeting, Inc.
  • Mary Wilonsky, Friends of the Dallas Public Library
Thanks to Our Renewing Members
  • Arnold Adkison
  • Liz Brailsford, World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth
  • J.R. Bucklew, Pioneer Bible Translators
  • Sandy Diamond, Temple Emana-El
  • Ashley Edling, Network of Community Ministries
  • Anthony Fleo, Social Venture Partners Dallas
  • Victor Korelstein
  • William Edward Laity, DVA Navion
  • Rosa Langley
  • Sharon Maxwell, Criswell College
  • Clarice Medley-Weeks, Paul Quinn College
  • Aaron James Meraz, Sr., Guidestone Financial Resources
  • Sarah Nesbit, Charles W. Eisemann Center
  • Stacey Stevenson, Family Equality
  • Deborah Ann Trimble
  • Meredith Wheeler
  • Brian White, Frisco Family Services
New and Recertifying CFREs
If you've earned your CFRE or been recertified recently and want to share the great news, let us know!

Get to know us!