The staff at Brandywine Conservancy has had a busy year working with Greenway municipalities and other partners on important Greenway projects. Below are a few highlights of projects that were initiated with funding from the William Penn Foundation during 2018:
- Greenway planning in New Castle County and Wilmington, Delaware in partnership with Delaware Greenways
- Honey Brook Township Park and Recreation Board, trail planning assistance
- Marshallton Village Heritage Center, partial funding for a project of Friends of Martin's Tavern, West Bradford Township
- Wallace Township Trails Preservation Board, trail mapping
- High Trail & Bridge grant proposals to secure construction funding, Chadds Ford Township
- Brandywine Water Trail Feasibility Study start-up, serving South Coatesville, Downingtown and municipalities downstream to Brandywine Creek State Park, Delaware
Coming in 2019:
- Greenway video series and social media kit for municipal partners
- Modena Borough assistance with recreation and historic preservation
- Brandywine Battlefield Connectivity Plan grant proposal
- Hiking through History folded trail map
- Interactive Greenway website map
- Mobile App update to include destinations in Delaware
- Beaver Creek Trail and Chester Valley Trail planning assistance
Does your municipality have a project on its wish list?
Take advantage of our free Greenway planning assistance!
Email email@example.com and our staff will be happy to meet with you in the new year.
Thanks to all of our Greenway partners and friends
for another exciting and productive year
on the Brandywine Creek Greenway.
We send our best wishes to all for a happy holiday season
and a prosperous new year.