Do you feel like it’s Groundhog Day EVERYDAY? The same ol’ humdrum day after day after day…. I know my sweetheart, Johnny and I do and that’s why we are planning a February staycation in Kentucky.
Like everyone right now we want to take a break from the monotony of everyday COVID-19 life and spice things up a bit. Forget the candy, forget the flowers, just take me away…..after all, it is the month of love and cupid’s arrow is posed to strike!
So, what’s a staycation you ask? Chances are you have been on a staycation before with family and friends, it is a vacation in one’s hometown or state; taking a short day or weekend trip to local attractions,and exploring nearby areas like a local.
What is the advantage of a staycation?
1. Staycations limit the stress of having to look up other destinations' restrictions and guidelines. If you are on Team Kentucky, you’ve already been doing your part by adhering to the recommended health measures in your daily life such as medical checks/testing, mandatory face coverings, temperature checks, hand sanitizing, and physical social distancing.
2. Staycations offer affordability - no high priced transportation costs. How far can you go on a one (1) tank trip?
3. A staycation makes packing a breeze - a duffle bag is all you need! If you forget something like the kitchen sink no worries, a hotel or unique lodging property will have everything you need.
4. Staycations stimulate and promote the local economy. For every $ you spend with a local business 67cents stays in the community. You are bringing a much-needed infusion of economic relief. Woot Woot
5. You won’t feel like you need a vacation from your staycation. You can rest, relax and go with the flow in the Bluegrass State!
6. Best of all, staycations allow you to discover or rediscover the uniqueness and beauty of where you live which often goes unnoticed.
If you, my friend, are a Kentuckian that has reservations (no pun intended) about taking a trip due to travel restrictions and safety concerns but are okay with vacationing in your hometown or are ready for a nearby getaway. A staycation may be just what you need, Stay Close, Go Far, Travel Safe!
Ooh-la-love let’s fall in love with Kentucky again, it’s better this time than ever before! ~Lori