Please become familiar with the following protocol that the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees have jointly agreed to put in place to enhance everyone’s safety during the reopening process.
1. Please wear a face mask at all times when inside the masjid. This is non-negotiable. The masjid volunteers reserve the right to disallow entry to anyone who refuses to wear a face mask that covers both the nose and the mouth.
2. Traffic flow inside the building will be one-way only. Men will have separate doors for entry and exit, as will the women. The doors will be clearly marked. Men will enter from the side door immediately adjacent to the kitchen and they will exit from the front of the building through the doors facing Harrison Rd. Women will enter from one set of double doors at the main entrance of the building and will exit from the other set of double doors.
3. When your vehicle pulls in to the masjid parking lot, you will be greeted by a volunteer who will ask:
· Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing?
· Have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?
· Are you wearing a mask?
· Did you bring your own prayer rug?
· Did you bring anyone under the age of 13?
If you do have symptoms, if you have been in contact with a COVID patient, if you did not bring a mask, if you did not bring a prayer rug, or if you brought someone under age 13, you will be asked to stay in your car and drive home instead of entering the masjid.
You can bypass having the questions asked by printing out the form which is available in
4. Individuals over age 65 are strongly encouraged to please pray at home.
5. Upon entering the masjid through the posted door, you will be greeted by a volunteer who checks your temperature. If you have a fever of 100.4°F or higher, you will be required to leave.
6. After the temperature check, you will be asked to sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer, sign your name on the sign in sheet, and place your shoes in a plastic bag that masjid will provide. You will carry this bag with you into the prayer area.
7. Please avoid shaking hands.
8. Please follow the one-way arrows into the prayer area. In order to help promote and enforce social distancing, the prayer area carpet has been marked 6 feet apart for both men and women.
9. Please keep your bagged shoes with you at all times.
10. After completion of the prayer, each row of men and women will exit in orderly fashion, maintaining appropriate distance throughout.
11. Please make wudu at home. The restroom will be available but we strongly encourage everyone to make wudu and use the restroom at home prior to coming for prayer.
12. The masjid doors will be unlocked 30 minutes before the iqamah and will be locked once the iqamah is given. No one will be allowed to enter once the iqamah is given. When the prayer ends, people will be required to exit within 10 minutes and will not be permitted to socially gather.
13. All Entry doors will remain propped open before prayer and all Exit doors will remain propped open once the prayer ends. Please do not try to touch the door handles.
14. Prayer in the parking lot will be strictly forbidden.