SPECIAL Edition #103! Thank you for reading and sharing!
All That is Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing! |
Limited Edition! Act today!
hy no to ConCon!
, author of the Constitution and co-author of the Federalist Papers was horrified to learn in 1788, just months after ratification of the Constitution, that New York and Virginia sought an Article V Convention. Madison wrote G.L. Turberville November 2, 1788:
If a General Convention were to take place for the avowed and sole purpose of revising the Constitution, it would naturally consider itself as having a greater latitude than the Congress...It would consequently give greater agitation to the public mind; an election into it would be courted
by the most violent partisans on both sides... (and) would no doubt contain individuals of insidious
, who, under the mask of seeking alterations popular in some parts ... might have the dangerous opportunity of sapping the very foundations of the fabric.... Having witnessed the difficulties and dangers, which assembled under every propitious circumstance, I should tremble for the result of a second, meeting in the present temper in America."
as Secretary of State asked the Supreme Court in 1796 if an Art. V convention could be restricted. When not assured, he feared to call one. He wrote to Wilson C. Nicholas (Sept. 7, 1803)
"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution. Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."
Justice Scalia: "
I certainly would not want a Constitutional Convention. I mean whoa. Who knows what would come out of that?" Link
"A constitutional convention is a horrible idea," Scalia replied. "This is not a good century to write a constitution." Video @ 1:06:22
COS misrepresents Justice Scalia's warning on ConCon, They exerpt from a 1979 article in which as Professor, Scalia also said: "I have not proposed an open convention. Nobody in his right mind would propose it in preference to those provisions he wants changed."
Justice Warren Burger:
I have also repeatedly given my opinion
there is no effective way to limit or muzzle the actions of a Constitutional Convention. The Convention could mike its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the Convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the Convention would obey. After a Convention is convened,
it will be too late to stop the convention
if we don't like its agenda"
Former Sen. Sam Ervin,
There are no rules to direct what is brought forth during a ConCon. Anything and everything goes
Please write to all 110 Michigan Representatives and ask them to VOTE NO on HJRV (Dear Representative):
Thank you for defending our Constitution!
MCU Membership Application at the bottom
September 18, 2017
ACTION REQUIRED, PLEASE!
9/17 WAS CONSTITUTION DAY
We had hoped to email this then but family health issues came first. We hope you agree.
Cui Bono - For whose benefit?
Why a Nation instead of totally independent States?
***Will we gut the Constitution?***
A bill got reported out of a Michigan House Committee and was read the first time last Tuesday to call a "COS (Convention of States)" a full fledged new Constitutional Convention.
The "COS" (no such provision in the Constitution as they are misrepresenting it) organizers admit it will not change things, but their frustration with Congress causes them to lose their senses and throw caution to the wind. More than 600 times since the Constitution Convention of 1787 some states have called for a Constitution Convention u
nder an alternative provision in Article V. Each time, as states reviewed the risk of such a call, the process stopped short. And for a very good reason. Once called, it cannot be controlled, and any previous rules have no bearing.
Tomorrow the Michigan Republican Caucus is expected the discuss a proposal put forward by Lee Chatfield and a few others allegedly conservative, to call for a "Convention of States" (COS). This is a limited issue because of the urgency needed for you to act.
Your editor has personal experience with Art.V going back to 1973 when working for Congressman Bob Huber we asked SCOTUS and Library of Congress if there is any way to limit a ConCon. The answer is no.
The Jay Court told this to Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson in 1796, They also told Madison this in 1788 when less that a year after the ratification, NY and VA wanted to call a Art.V ConCon. Both Madison and Jefferson recoiled when understanding the risks.
Can it be safer to have one now, then when it was too risky for the founders? With the President of the 1787 meeting called to revise the Art. of Confederation was President George Washington; John Adams was VP; Hamilton and Jefferson in the Cabinet; Madison in the Senate, John Jay as first Chief Justice?
Madison, Hamilton and Jay wrote the Federalist papers. They understood that the provision put into Art.V the night before the vote to assure ratification on one southern state, had risks they did not perceive at the time. More than 600 times since, proponents have reached the same conclusion. Will Michigan's legislature act irresponsibly on this?
COS schemers Mark Meckler and Michael
Farris have lead legislators under false information, stroking their imaginations about running the Convention, getting them to meetings where they supposedly are writing the rules (under Art.V Congress calls the convention, state merely petition).
Meckler even told a group in Florida he was going to chair the ConCon. Fat chance, lol. Farris, the visionary who developed this nightmare, left the COS project in January, but not before recruiting and confusing others in the movement.
There is no such thing in the Constitution to provide for their imagined COS. It is a myth, and a pandora's box to force a ConCon with substitute constitutions waiting on the left. PLEASE reconsider. At least have hearings!
We change public policies by changing public knowledge and perceptions. You may notice as you scan the articles and information that some are submitted by readers, facebook friends, and interested individuals. Feedback is always welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we receive so much information daily, it is not possible to include everything. We try to include links to some of the most important and interesting. Let's keep the faith and fight, for a free USA and opportunities for our children and grandchildren as we had.
If the entire newsletter is not on your screen. please scroll to the bottom and hit the view entire message link.
President Jack Kennedy got it:
President Ronald Reagan perfected it:
The Laffer Curve works. Government tax increases choke the ecomony, costing jobs and decreasing government revenue. Cutting taxes spurs the economy by allowing people and companies to keep more of what they profude and earn, spending it on more goods and services requiring more productivity and more workers and more jobs.
Reagan economic adviser Art Laffer on Trump Tax Cuts:
Just the hint of pending tax cuts have driven the stock market to record highs.
If you support this you opened the wrong email.
We like and tolerate and try to work with almost everyone, but, if you support this, sorry, we just can't be friends.
|++ Baltimore City to keep, clean defaced Francis Scott Key statue. Article
National and International
++ The GOP didn't win last November,
Donald Trump did.
Sebastian Gorka expressed continuing support for President Trump, denounced Republican Party leaders as a greater obstacle to Trump's success than Democrats, and predicted that the president would soon purge the White House of staffers who are not loyal to his "Make America Great Again" agenda. More (Thanks, Debra)
++ Swamp2 Squared - cluster f in Benghazi and subsequent coverup.
After four Americans died because of her inaction, Hillary Clinton's State Department silenced contractors on the horror of Benghazi according to two witness
++ 3 DACA Deal-Breakers: How Trump Can Avoid Getting Rolled -
President Donald Trump's supporters are increasingly concerned that he is going to capitulate to Democrats' demands as Congress wrestles with the canceled Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
In ending the program last week, the president allowed a six-month window for Congress to decide what should happen to its beneficiaries. And media reports suggest that Democrats have the upper hand in negotiations.
Here are three deal-breakers he should lay out, and soon:
1. No Path to Citizenship.
2. Border Wall Must Be Funded.
3. Security Before Legalization.
Talking Points on COS (ConCon):
- There is nothing in the Consititution allowing this so-called Convention of States.
- It is fiction, and a very dangerous proposal to force a new ConCon.
- It is Federal Suicide!
- We learned from the convention of 1787 that amendments cane be thrown aside for a substitute constitution, and we are aware of several ready when the door opens,
- including ones prepared by team Soros, another by the Ford Foundation, etc.
- Disbarred Constitutional "expert" Barack Hussein Obama and his disbarred wife probably have one of their own.
- We learned that protections in the current Constitution do not apply when they substitute another.
- The last convention changed the ratification rules, and this one could, too
- The fiction is that in this political environment conservatives would control the Convention?
- Mark Meckler told a Florida group he knew he could control the Convention because he was going to chair it. And pigs fly, eh?
- Selected legislators from around the country to Mt. Vernon or other locations to supposedly draw up rules for a ConCon,
- rules what can be shred upon call.
- CONGRESS controls the call, not states or Meckler or selected legislators.
- The same Congress that will not balance the budget, repeal ACA, build a wall, send back illegal aliens, or outlaw Sharia,
- Obama is setting there with a $40M annual budget and 36,000 trained goons across the country but we volunteer part-time, unfunded We The People will prevail? We elected
- Republicans across the board in Washington and Lansing, but cannot prevail.
- Put McConnell, Ryan, Schunmer and Pelosi in charge of calling a convention?
- We have little influence on the fake news residents get daily. Fat chance we would represented at THEIR ConCon.
- Jefferson determined the risk was too great and did not proceed.
- Please reflect on that. The President of the 1787 Convention called to AMEND the Articles of Confederation was President of the U.S.A., George Washington. Hamilton and Jefferson were in his cabinet. John Adams was Vice President. Madison was in the Senate and Jay on the Court. Most of the founders were still available. In that environment and time, Jefferson feared and ran away from a new convention.
- There is no set procedure in Michigan to select delegates to a ConCon. The last proposal would alloy the Governor and legislative bi-partican leaders to appoint delegates.
Show us your support!
More resources allow more results.
Together we can accomplish great things!
Dr. Russell Kirk's
The Conservative Mind began the modern conservative movement and was the guide Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, Wm.F. Buckley, Jr., and others looked to for clarity and focus on "the permanent things."
Linked here a
You with us?
Our children and grand children need us to be good stewards of our blessings, including freedoms and liberty!
Conservatives believe in truth, and the other permanent things. Please consider joining and/or supporting Michigan's Conservative Team.
Michigan Conservative Union; Michigan Freedom To Work; Up
Michigan PAC and Unique Strategies, LLC all contribute to Conservative Choices Newsletter, as do many individuals.
Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.