NOTE: This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
*Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.*
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
Bridges & Tunnels:
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
Full directional closure eastbound May 15 from 2-3 a.m. and westbound from 3-4 a.m. for tide gate testing. Click here for the full traffic alert: https://conta.cc/3l1j7tG
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Single-lane closures northbound with brief, intermittent stoppages up to 20 minutes May 16-18 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Single-lane closures southbound May 16-19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Single-lane closure northbound May 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating, mobile single-lane closures in both directions May 18 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A series of bridge test openings in both directions May 19 from 7 p.m. to midnight.
HRBT Expansion Project:
For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).