Now Playing: Movies in Your Bank Club
Is your Club in Compliance with the U.S. Copyright Act?
Your Heritage Club maybe one of many that enjoys movie showings as a fun and affordable member benefit. Some Club Directors are unaware that showing movies within a bank club requires a public performance license in accordance with the US Copyright Act. MPLC is an independent copyright licensing vendor exclusively authorized by motion picture studios and producers to issue the Umbrella License®. The Umbrella License is an annual public performance license that allows for unlimited exhibitions of movies and other audiovisual programs within your Heritage Club. Heritage Clubs International has secured special, reduced pricing for our members in order to encourage copyright compliance and promote the wide range of programs available when your club obtains an Umbrella License.
MPLC Umbrella License Fee
Heritage Clubs International Members – $315
Once licensed, an unlimited number of movies can be shown. Movies can be obtained by any legal means whether rented, purchased, or borrowed.
- The Umbrella license is location specific. Each club branch requires its own license unless all exhibitions are being held in the same location.
- The Umbrella license is for non-theatrical venues and exhibitions. The license does not cover showings held in a commercial movie theater. (Licensing for theatrical venues should be discussed with the theater directly).
- The Umbrella license does not apply to motorcoach exhibitions. This requires a license but most often the coach/line will already have its own license in place.
- Content available through online streaming or download services such as Netflix, Hulu, or iTunes are subject to copyright control and require a public performance license just as a DVD does.
- Promotion Guidelines:
- Licensees are able to promote exhibitions inside the licensed facility and through direct correspondence to authorized viewers such as through email or US Mail. When promoting exhibitions to authorized viewers, you may include the title, character names, or rightsholder name.
- Please note that limitations apply when promoting exhibitions in any other manner. If you plan to promote exhibitions to authorized viewers on websites or via your social media account, please note that you MAY NOT use the title, character names, or rightsholder name. You can mention that you are holding a movie event for the loyalty members, but they would need to contact a bank representative for more details.
To purchase an Umbrella License, sent the completed
Susan Chiappetta at
. Direct questions to Susan at
(800) 462-8855 x3021.