HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
September 2018 Newsletter
19th Annual HERS Walk/Run
The Race is on to Raise Funds for Survivors!
Our biggest fundraiser of the year is only days away!
Don't delay -- register online for our annual race-or-ramble, community gathering, celebration of life, and fundraiser!
Please join us
September 29, 2018
for our annual 5K Walk/Run and 10K Run
at Quarry Lakes Regional Park in Fremont.
Don't forget to ....
ou can also register in person at the event - Registration and check-in opens at 7am!
CrowdRise makes it easy to....
DONATE & FUNDRAISE!
We are thrilled to announce that The Harriet Despeaux Good Works Fund at East Bay Community Foundation will match Crowdrise online donations, up to $20,000!!!
Make your donations go further and help raise even more money for
HERS Breast Cancer Foundation.
Can't make it to the event this year? We'll miss you!
We need your help!
We've only raised 20% of our goal so far.
Gather a team! We love it when families, work groups, and friendship circles show up in matching shirts, costumes, wings, silly hats, or whatever shows your special team spirit. You can set up a CrowdRise fundraising page together and get your network excited about supporting breast cancer survivors and HERS!
Group registration discounts are available! Please email Kandee at our race vendor, On Your Mark Events, to get your discount code for $5 off each adult registration (groups only).
For those who want to support this event but can't attend
, Clubsport has a very generous offer:
If you donate a minimum of $30, you'll receive a 5-day Family Clubsport pass for either the Fremont or Pleasanton locations. See our
event page for more info
or call (510) 790-1911.
Are you new to this event?
Our Generous Sponsors
Help Breast Cancer Survivors by
Supporting HERS Programs
The dedicated, big-hearted, year-after-year support from our sponsors, donors, and volunteers empowers us to help breast cancer survivors heal.
are funded by donations.
Because of our community's ongoing generosity, we are able to provide specialty bras, prostheses, wigs, and lymphedema garments to clients, regardless of their financial and insurance status.
Please join us in extending an enthusia
stic THANK YOU to all the businesses, professionals, and individuals who pitched in to make this year's Walk/Run such a special and successful event:
- Fremont Bank Foundation
- Beverly Hagan CPA
- Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation
- UCSF Health
- Carol Dutra-Vernaci, EA
- Stanford Health Care
- Chief Craig T. Steckler, Ret.
- Berge-Pappas-Smith/Chapel of the Angels
- Cloverleaf Family Bowl
- Fremont Association of Management Employees (FAME)
- Fremont Elks Lodge #2121
- Lion's Club of Union City
- Republic Services
- Rishi Sawhney, MD
- Robson Homes LLC
- S5 Advisory
- Washington Hospital Outpatient Surgery Center
- CV Administrative Services
- Dorso's Automotive Repair Inc.
- Haller's Pharmacy
- Presidio Bank
- St. Joseph's Parish of Fremont
Dutra Enterprises, Inc.
Premier Nissan of Fremont
Premier Subaru of Fremont
- American Breast Care
- Anita International
- Anjali Rao
- Arctic Glacier Premier Ice
- Blanca Sandoval
- Chick-fil-A (Mowry Ave, Fremont)
- Clif Bars
- Clover Stornetta Farms Inc.
- Collective Discovery
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Jim Dempsey
- KTVU Fox 2
- Lumina Communications
- Oakland Audio-Visual Services, Inc.
- Peets Coffee
- Premier Nissan of Fremont
- Premier Subaru of Fremont
- San Jose Barracuda
- Sign-a-Rama (Union City)
- Suju's Coffee
- Tri-City Voice
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System / W.O.W Mobile Health Clinic
- Xtrim Bollywood
Every donation makes a difference. Here's where your money goes:
- $50 provides a specialty bra
- $60 provides a post-surgical garment
- $85 provides a Lymphedema garment
- $150 provides a wig
- $200 provides a prosthesis
Post-surgical products are essential and costly. Most survivors require several post-surgical products to support their recovery and well-being -- at costs averaging between $300-400.
Thank you for your support!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
We're Ready for a Big BCAM!
Every year, right on the heels of our Annual Walk/Run, we celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month with an awe-inspiring list of outreach and fundraising events.
We are so blessed with community supporters -- local businesses, volunteers, and donors join us in supporting breast cancer survivors throughout the month of October. We hope to see you out there!
Be sure to check our NEW EVENT CALENDAR
to see where we'll be popping up next. These fun fundraisers are a great excuse to skip cooking, go shopping, grab a drink with friends, or try something new!
Here's a quick list of some of our BCAM events.
- Premier Nissan of Fremont - September 1-30
- Premier Subaru of Fremont - September 1-30
- Fremont Police Department Safety Fair - September 22
- Jack's Brewing Company (Fremont) - October 2
- Kendra Scott Jewelry (Santana Row, San Jose) - October 6
- Rigatoni's Red Smoke Grill (Pleasanton) - October 9
- The Counter (Fremont) - October 11
- Rita's Italian Ice (Fremont) - October 12
- Tri City Health Center Crucial Catch Health Fair (Fremont) - October 13
- Team District 10 Car Show (Newark) - October 20
- Panera (Fremont/Mowry Avenue) - October 22
- Mind Body Zone Yoga Class (Fremont) - October 27
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (Pleasanton) - October 30
- Peninsula Jewish Community Center Pink Ribbon Event (Foster City) - October 28
Please note these special events, hosted by HERS and one of our biggest supporters, Washington Hospital:
HERS Open House (Fremont store) - Oct. 16, 6-8 pm
Join us for a free evening of Hope, Empowerment, Renewal, and Support! We're opening our doors to friends old and new. Join us for free beverages and refreshments at our Fremont Program Store at Washington Hospital West!
Think Pink! Washington Hospital West - Oct. 18, 4:30-7:30
Please join us at this informative, free community health event. We'll join the hospital and other community organizations to raise awareness about breast cancer and breast health.
Seeking a Development Intern
An Opportunity for Meaningful
Nonprofit Work Experience
HERS is currently seeking a volunteer (6+ hours/week) to provide Development/Fundraising support.
Social media, event planning and grant writing experience is a plus,
but we can provide training. We're a fun crew to work with!
For details, contact Executive Director Tina Fernandez-Stecker at
~~ Save the Dates ~~
People with Purpose: A Pink Tie Gala
Saturday, May 4,
Castlewood Country Club
Saturday, 28, 2019
Quarry Lakes Regional Park
HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
Fremont * Pleasanton
Click here to visit our website