5 Tips to Keep in Mind for Holiday Gatherings
We all want to see our loved ones this holiday season. However, the safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving is among members of your household only. If you plan on gathering for the holidays, keep these 5 tips in mind:
1) Review your guest list- Keep it small with fewer than 10 people and think about who you are inviting. Are any of them at risk of getting severely ill if they get COVID-19?
2) Do a health check- Find out if anyone on the guest list has had COVID-like symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, in the last two weeks. Anyone with these listed symptoms in the past two week should stay home.
3) Spread out- Set up seating so that people from different households can stay six feet apart. Sit outside rather than inside.
4) Keep it short- Gather for less than two hours. Shorter periods of time give COVID-19 less chance to spread and make it easier to keep hands and surfaces properly sanitized.
5) Consider the children- It's tough for kids to stay apart. If possible, have them wear masks (if they're over the age of 2) and avoid sharing toys or food.