We are working to expand our team. Join us and help to advance reproductive justice!
JOB: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting day-to-day operations and executive support to the Executive Director. This position requires someone who is competent, trustworthy, reliable, and energetic. This position reports to the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant must be exceedingly well-organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This employee must obtain the ability to interact with staff and board members in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail are equally important. This is a full-time position with full benefits. The person should be based in the Atlanta, Georgia metro area.
This position will generally utilize a 9:30am- 5:30pm schedule Monday-Friday, but some weekends will be required due to organizational convenings, conferences and events.
Executive Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
· Receive and direct visitors
· General clerical duties
· Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system for Executive Director and Deputy Director
· Handle requests for information and data
· Resolve administrative issues and inquiries
· Prepare, manage and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for Executive Director
· Record, compile, transcribe and distribute staff meetings minutes.
· Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and mail
· Monitor and manage Executive Director’s emails
· Manage and record Executive Director’s speaking engagements, articles, speeches and panels
· Set up monthly Board and Executive Committee Board calls
· Assist Operations Manager with the coordination of local events as needed
Executive Assistant Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to Reproductive Justice and amplifying the voices and leadership of BIPOC communities.
· Minimum two years of experience an administrative role.
- Experience with customer service or office management.
- Detail oriented and able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Excellent skills in working with computers, spreadsheets and scheduling tools.
· Some travel required.
· Ability to work cooperatively and in a team environment with peers and supervisors.
Benefits: Employer paid health, dental life and vision benefits. Stipends for self-care, professional development and tuition pay down or the option of a 529 plan (Choice Plan). Participation in SIMPLE IRA and tuition choice plan available after one year of employment.
How to Apply: Please, send your complete applications to Deputy Director, Leah Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A letter of interest;
· Your resume;
· A minimum of three references; and
· A brief writing sample.
Please use "Executive Assistant” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Hiring Timeline: We hope to have the position filled in April. Applications are due 3/31.