Dear CVHS Families,
Virtual Scheduling Night information for 21-22 scheduling:
It is time for students to request high school courses for next year! Students are encouraged to take the most rigorous courses possible based on academic ability and their capacity to manage all aspects of life such as athletics, clubs and activities, and commitments outside of school.
Please watch the video and view other resources below. Then review your child's course selections for the next academic year. Students are required to print & return their course request summary with a parent/guardian signature.
If you have questions about scheduling or need additional assistance, please contact your high school counselor. We look forward to working with students to reach their individual goals. Please see the following links:
- Course Request Summary must be printed and signed before the portal closes.
- Student Portal Open: February 8 - 19
- Due to English Teacher by: February 22, 2021
The Homecoming Court will be celebrated at the girls basketball game on February 24. While attendance at the game will be limited, we will have some of our familiar traditions this week. “Good as Gold” is our theme this year!
· February 22-26 – Spirit Week
· Feb 23 - Juniors & Seniors vote for Homecoming King and Queen
· Feb 24 - King and Queen revealed at the February 24th girls basketball game (watch for information about live streaming of this event on the CVSD Facebook page)
· Feb 25 - The Homecoming Court recognized during all three lunch periods
Parkway Schedule starting 10/19/20
Parkway announced that they will return to in-person transition to a 4 day in-person school week starting on February 16, 2021. Those days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Wednesdays will be an asynchronous cyber day.
On Wednesdays, for students attending CV in-person 4 days per week, transportation will be provided from home to CVHS in time for 5th period. Buses will arrive at your normal morning bus stops 3 and 1/2 hours after your normal AM bus pickup time. Parkway students who drive will be expected to arrive at their normal 5th-period class on time.
Virtual College Signing Day
If you have not done so already, please click on this link to view the Virtual College Signing day Google Meet recording. Current students who are signing a commitment letter are featured as well as some returning graduates, who were kind enough to share some words of encouragement and wisdom about competing in college athletics. Click here to watch the presentation
Duquesne College in High School Registration
Students who are currently taking a Duquesne College in High School course at CV will receive their course registration forms in class this week. We will also mail home registration forms to all students as an extra copy or for those who are full-time cyber students. The Duquesne registration forms must be returned to the office along with your payment no later than March 15th, 2021. If you do not receive a registration form, but feel you should have, please reach out to your teacher.
Product Factory Classes Supply More Furniture for the School Store
Mr. Sherman’s Product Factory classes continue to supply outstanding furniture for the CVHS School Store. Pictured below is our new store counter. Beautiful finish!
February Staff Member(s) of the Month
February’s Staff Member(s) of the Month goes to all of the staff members of the High School Cafeteria. Here are just a few things people are saying about our fabulous crew:
- “They have put in many hours preparing not only the meals for the everyday lunches but also preparing the take-out meals. These meals are done for the entire school district and were also distributed throughout the times when there are only remote classes available.”
- “Susie is preparing food for those in school and those on cyber that way everyone can have a meal. It definitely is a challenge.”
- “They have done great work during this difficult time.”
- “They go above and beyond for everyone!”
- “Susie makes sure all our kids eat.”
- “The food service staff is super nice and outgoing.”
- “They care for the students and work hard. Their chicken sandwiches are amazing.”
- “They are always super nice and strike up good conversations.”
- “Diane is one of, if not, the sweetest persons I come across daily. She has an amazingly positive attitude, and she’s honestly the only reason I come to school.”