Dear CVHS Families,
CVHS Showcase 2021
We are very excited for the 2021 Showcase, which will be held on May 6th, 7th and 8th. Each performance is available to purchase live-stream tickets for $10. 100% of the proceeds from live-stream ticket sales are used to fund the Showcase productions. Please use the following link to purchase your live stream ticket: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/51480
New Prom Information: Seniors may bring a CV Junior to Prom
- When is Prom? Friday, May 21, 2021 6:30 – 11:00 pm
- Doors open at 6:30 pm and dinner will begin promptly at 7:00 pm
Prom Where, Who, and How to Purchase Tickets:
- Prom is at the Circuit Center at 5 Hot Metal Street on the South Side
Tickets are on sale now until May 7. Purchase here: chartiersvalley.ticketleap.com/cvhs-prom-2021/
- Any Senior may purchase a ticket and may bring a Junior date to Prom
- Tickets are $65 each plus the fee from Ticketleap
See Mrs. Miller in room D1424 or email Mrs. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Update - 6 Tickets per graduate
At this time, Chartiers Valley is planning to hold an in-person, outdoor commencement ceremony at the CVHS Stadium on Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at 7:00 pm, in accordance with state and local gathering restrictions.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will use June 3rd and 4th at 7:00 pm as backup dates.
Each graduate will receive 6 tickets, which is the typical number of tickets provided each year. The number of tickets provided is subject to change if social gathering guidelines become more restrictive. Tickets will be required for entry.
- Parents will receive more specific information via email later this week.
- Graduation rehearsal & ticket distribution will be held in the stadium on June 1st at 9:00 am.
We will hold two cap and gown distribution dates:
- May 5: In-person students may pick up caps and gowns during their regularly scheduled lunch periods
- May 7: Remote learning students may pick up caps and gowns at Door 1 of the high school from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Attention Seniors and Parents of Seniors!
This year in lieu of an in-person “Celebration of Excellence Ceremony” to celebrate the accomplishments of seniors, we are working with senior volunteers to create Senior Spotlight photos for the High School’s social media pages. We will also create a webpage on our school website to add the Senior Spotlights and any accolades seniors share with us on the form below.
If you would like to be included in the Senior Spotlight posts and on the Celebration of Excellence web page, please fill out the following Google Form: Senior Spotlight Posts and Student Accolades Information Form Please respond by May 7, 2021, so we can make sure to feature every senior during the end of the year.
Teacher Appreciation Week
We are looking forward to this week’s events to celebrate our teachers, particularly during this challenging school year. If you have a minute, reach out to a teacher who has been special to you or to your
Kassidy Kennedy: Parkway Freshman of the Year!
Congratulations Kassidy, for receiving this award for excellence in education! What Parkway said about Kassidy, who has a Cosmetology focus: “Kassidy is a student who exemplified what we look for in a candidate for Freshman of the Year-she is on the road to a very successful career here at PWCTC.”
Requirements to be nominated by Parkway Faculty:
- Have an A or B in their program
- Maintain good attendance (not having more than 5 unexcused absences)
- A student who demonstrates leadership skills
- Someone who consistently demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and a strong work ethic
- Have no safety violations for the month in which they are nominated
Another New Record Set!
The High School Pole Vault record has been broken after the original record was broken a couple of weeks ago. Yep, Bridget Schneider broke her own school record last week with a vault of 9”3’
CVHS End-of-Year Calendar
The CVHS end-of-year calendar containing important dates for the last several weeks of school, including AP, Keystone, and scheduled 2-hour delay dates can be accessed via the link below. As directed by PDE, CVHS will conduct Keystone testing in May; however, we will not be administering end-of-course finals with the exception of those that are required for college credit, such as the CiHS Chemistry assessment. Click here for the CVHS End-of-Year Calendar