Happy New Year, Friends of NCJW!
This year, we will celebrate our 110th year as an organization! As we approach Rosh Hashana and reflect back on these years, we are proud of how we have stayed focused on our primary purpose of improving the lives of women, children, and families in the Houston community. We have served, advocated, and educated.
This time of year also reminds us to consider ways to improve ourselves and reaffirm our commitments.
Here are just a few we have made for 2022-2023:
● We are assisting the House of Tiny Treasure with their Halloween party for 2-5 year-olds who have experienced homelessness.
● We are partnering with four HISD middle schools and the Star of Hope to provide menstrual products to girls/women who cannot afford these necessary items, making our first delivery this week.
● We are sponsoring a panel in October to educate attendees via Zoom about the effects of the Dobbs decision that overturned Roe v. Wade.
● We plan to be in Austin in the Spring for the Texas Legislative session to advocate for the removal of the “tampon tax” for Texas women.
● Our honorary luncheon, Women of Influence, is returning in February where we will honor two Houstonian women who are making a difference in our community.
We want and hope to do more! We will continue to serve, advocate, and educate. L’Shana Tovah! May you have a sweet and happy new year!
Marlene and Jennifer