Rape Response serves victims/survivors of sexual abuse/assault, ages 13 and older, as well as their loved ones who may also be impacted by an assault. Rape Response serves survivors of any type of sexual abuse/assault, no matter how long ago it happened. Some reach out immediately for options and support while others have waited years to tell anyone. Rape Response Advocates are ready to listen whenever you are ready to seek support. It’s never too late to get help.
All services provided by Rape Response are free and confidential. The service area includes Dawson, Habersham, Hall, Forsyth, Lumpkin and White Counties in Georgia.
24 Hour Crisis Line
Rape Response trained advocates are ready to listen and provide assistance. Call the crisis line at (770) 503-7273 for help and support.
Counseling & Support Groups
Counseling and support groups are available for survivors of sexual assault.
Trained volunteer and staff advocates provide medical accompaniment and support at Northeast Georgia Medical Center-Gainesville during forensic medical exams.
Advocates provide crisis intervention for survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones including:
- Phone or face-to-face crisis intervention and support; support is provided regardless of when the assault occurred or if the crime was reported to law enforcement
- Referral resources specific to the needs and wants of the survivor
- Referral to public health department for aftercare examination and screenings for sexually transmitted infections
- Assistance filing Victims’ Compensation forms
- Judicial Accompaniment & Support
- Legal accompaniment throughout the judicial process including accompaniment to law enforcement interviews and in the courtroom.
Training is provided to medical, legal, law enforcement and other agencies involved with survivors of sexual assault. Topics covered in these trainings may include: the impact of trauma, trauma informed investigations and Rape Response services. Rape Response is happy to provide speakers for local organizations in an effort to raise awareness and provide education about sexual assault.
Education & Community Awareness
Let’s Talk education programs are provided to middle, high school and college students, as well as their parents, in our six county service area. Advocates also participate in various community awareness events, sharing information on sexual assault and services provided Rape Response.
Healthy Relationships Classes
Rape Responses offer healthy relationship classes to youth who are middle and high school age. If you are interested please email Phoenix Garland email@example.com.
Training in the Community
For more information: