This online program provides an instructional platform for newcomers with international experience in a skilled trade. Participants will receive information about skilled trades professions in Canada, identify their trade, relevant career and training opportunities, and the Trade Equivalency Assessment licensing process.
Trades Gateway is a comprehensive program with 4 components:
- Orientation and E-learning – Newcomers have increased awareness of the trades professions and understand why/how to register with applicable trades colleges.
- Trade-Specific Webinars – Newcomers have increased knowledge about their trade. They can receive trade-specific training to study for the qualification exam.
- Trades Application Navigation and Support – Newcomers can develop their portfolio, meet CAP requirements and increase access to employment services.
- Group Support – Guidance for job searching, resume creation and other job readiness activities.
To be eligible for the program, participants must:
· Be a resident of Ontario eligible to work in Canada
· Possess intermediate language Skills (CLB 4+)
· Be an internationally trained & experienced tradesperson
· Be a newcomer, permanent resident, convention refugee, or protected person
Groups run throughout the year. The introduction session for the next group will begin in early December.
To register, eligible participants can visit the Trades Gateway website and fill out the form.
To learn more about the program, please click here to watch our video.
For any questions regarding the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.