IDOT will begin accepting applications for the 2019-2020 ITEP Cycle 14 on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 through Friday, December 6, 2019.
program is a 2-year cycle with the last round due in the fall of 2017 (
2018 Cycle 13). In that round 53 out of 218 projects were selected for a total award amount of $35.7 million out of $252 million requested. Applications for these funds are highly competitive.
ITEP’s new requirement is that communities must have Phase I Engineering completed and proof must be submitted with the application.
Because of this, we are sending this notification now so your community can start working on your projects.
project categories eligible for funding:
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Facilities
- Conversion of Abandoned Railroad Corridors to Trails
- Historic Preservation and Rehabilitation of Historic Transportation Facilities
- Vegetation Management in Transportation Rights-of-Way
- Archaeological Activities Relating to Impacts from Implementation of a Transportation Project
- Storm Water Management, Control and Water Pollution Prevention or Abatement Related to Highway Construction or Due to Highway Runoff
- Reduce Vehicle-Caused Wildlife Mortality or Restore and Maintain Connectivity Among Terrestrial or Aquatic Habitats
- Construction of Turnouts, Overlooks and Viewing Areas
If you have a project you would like to discuss, contact our office at 815/433-5830 or email to