Dear Lakeside Community,
Busy, busy week! The 5th graders spent Wednesday and part of Thursday at
Age of Sail. Anecdotals from staff, students, and parents - what an amazing experience! Glad the lightening storm at 3 am was in San Francisco and not in our area. Hope we continue this as an annual encounter for our 5th graders.
began a brand new music/theater program on Thursday. They will be with us until the end of the school year. Pictures below will tell the story, but what sold me was what students did during the debriefs. Each was asked to share a word about what they thought of music class today. Their responses included: awesome, fun, exciting, amazing, cool. I'm convinced we're off to a GREAT start.
Our board meeting from January 11th was rescheduled to January 17th.
Here were the decisions made at the meeting:
- the board accepted my resignation as Interim Superintendent, effective January 20th
- the district audit was accepted and approved - there were two "findings" that require us to change two business practices that we have
- the Oversight Committee for the 2010 Measure C Parcel Tax was approved as submitted
- the board reviewed information about a potential change in the day Lakeside has its minimum day (Wednesday) and there will be no change for this year or next year, based on the information presented by the Interim Superintendent
- a resolution was passed on our drinking water
- Liz Bozzo was hired as the Interim Superintendents for 2-3 days a week until June 30th - her contract will be approved at the February board meeting
A few reminders....
* the Winter Performance, led by teacher Ms Kajsa Nelson, will be on Thursday night at 6 pm
* the PTA meeting is next Tuesday at 6 pm in the staff lounge
* the after school STEM classes (sessions 3 & 4 with new content) are planned and will continue for the rest of the year, led by the ever-amazing Rachel
A message from PTA -
Please be sure to check your parent folder, located immediately to the left as you enter the school office. PTA has placed tax donation letters into your folder for any donations made in 2016 over $50. If you have family or friends that donated during walkathon, their letter is also in your folder and PTA asks that you forward these letters onto the respective parties. Thank you.
It has been a pleasure working with all of you and supporting the Lakeside community. This is my final eblast, but I'm leaving great tips for Mrs Bozzo. Measure A will be on your ballots soon, a parcel tax that will enable Lakeside to have sustained, reliable funding for years to come. I'm hopeful that Lakeside will be here to serve our mountain community for another 135 years.
Dr. Lisa Gonzales
Interim Superintendent & Lead Learner