Tips this Holiday Season and How to Avoid Damaging our Environment
Have you bought or received the newest gaming console, smartphone, laptop or computer for or from your friend or family member? Clueless, when it comes to disposing of your old unwanted devices?
Here are some tips you should adhere by:
- Donate your obsolete devices to an organization like ERA who can re-purpose them back into the community.
- Please make sure you are donating your devices either data wiped or are dealing with the likes of ERA who will data wipe free of charge.
- Make sure you research who you are donating to so your device does not end up in third world countries.
- Instead of donating them to someone you do not know, donate them to a friend or family member who will be thankful to receive such a gift.
- Make sure all your information is backed up on an external hard drive or the cloud so you are worry free when you decide to donate.
Always remember the three R rule; reduce, reuse, recycle and in that exact order. Recycle should always be the last option when disposing of your obsolete devices.
The ERA is a non-profit organization founded in 2004 to address the growing problem of e-waste and the increasing ‘digital divide’. For over ten years, ERA has offered simple solutions to help individuals and organizations prevent operational equipment from premature destruction. With a focus on recovery, refurbishment and reuse, ERA continuously supplies charitable groups with donated IT equipment while securely managing the retiring IT assets of organizations and individuals across Canada.
If you are disposing of your obsolete items, please call ERA at 1.877.939.2783 or email
for more details.
Have a wonderful Holiday from ERA to you!