Lettuce Help You Achieve Your New Year's Vegetable Resolutions
We spend a lot of time here at Good Earth dreaming up creative ways to eat more vegetables. If you have your eyes set on a vegtastic 2019, but you're feeling a little uninspired in the kitchen: never fear! Below we've compiled some of our favorite ways to sneak some more vegetables into every meal.
1. Puree vegetables into broth to make an extra nutritious base for your cold-weather soups. Squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach all make delicious pureed additions to soup.
2. Sub vegetables for pasta or pizza crust. Cauliflower can be used to make a low-carb pizza crust, and spiralized squash and zucchini make an excellent replacement for noodles. Don't have a spiralizer? Pick up some of our prepared squash and zucchini noodles- Bob spirals them fresh every day!
3. Try a savory oatmeal for breakfast! Step away from the brown sugar and toss in some of last night's veggie leftovers instead. Sauteed greens or mushrooms make an especially tasty addition. Top with a fried egg and start your day with energy!
4. Make kale chips for a snack. Layer kale leaves on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast until crispy and munch away!
5. Trade in your sandwich bread or bun for a veggie alternative. Lettuce wraps make great vehicles for sandwich innards, but you can also get creative with other veggies like portobella mushrooms caps, sliced sweet potatoes, and sliced eggplant!
How do you like to eat your Good Earth veggies? Share your ideas with us on Facebook and Instagram!