This past week I had leftover cauliflower "rice" from my raw Indian food I made. I didn't want it to go to waste so I decided to make it into ground "beef" for Taco Tuesday!! Who knows where I got the idea that it would work, but it did!!! Even my junk-food hubby approved! ALWAYS A BONUS!!!
Head of cauliflower
White or yellow onion
Garlic (I used 4 cloves but I love garlic so you may want to adjust)
1. Pulse small pieces of cauliflower in a food processor until it is small like rice, set aside
2. Sautee the onion and garlic (both diced) in olive oil for a couple minutes
3. Add the cauliflower and continue sauteeing on medium heat
4. Add spices to taste. I like things with a lot of spice so I put about a tbsp of cumin and chili powder and about a tsp of salt and pepper
5. Feel free to add additional spices or change the spices altogether to make the ground "meat" suitable for other types of meals (italian, etc)
for more easy vegan meals and snacks!