How was your week? I love a new month! I love a fresh beginning with my goals, both biz and personal!
Thanksgiving was FUN! 5K in the morning, vegan feast in the afternoon, and relaxing in the eve. I did another 5K on Sunday and am back up to where I want to be with my running! YAY!!
Other than that I am on DAY 45 of my bike streak, and am loving working with my
. I am getting more and more excited for my upcoming racing season.
I am looking for sponsors for my 2016 season now! Currently I am doing 3 70.3 races, 1 Ironman, and several races in-between such as the Horestooth Half, Triple By-Pass, and the Horsetooth 10K Swim. Here are the details on the
for your biz or cause.
I get to work from home. I had a very successful November with my bizes because I decided to step it up and actually work ;) GENIUS!!!!
Hope you are doing LOTS of things that you love this week!
Happy Hump Day!!
See you next week!!
PS...If you don't want to get my newsletter, you can unsubscribe at the bottom! No hard feelings ;)
EASY Vegan Meals...
RAW CARROT CAKE
I have tried a few raw carrot cake recipes before with no success. This one is my fave so far and with a couple tweaks that I will add in this recipe, it will ROCK!!!
- 1 cup carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place carrots in food processor. Process them very briefly so they are still chunky.
2. Add all cake ingredients into food processor. Process briefly and slowly, stopping to monitor the process. You want to be able to see small chunks of carrots, raisins, walnuts, etc.
3. Press cake down into a cake pan or square baking dish.
4. Place all icing ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
5. Ice cake.
6. Refrigerate for at least two hours. The cake and the icing will both harden up a bit in the fridge. I even liked mine better the 2nd day!
for more easy vegan meals and snacks!
Workout of the Week...
Each week I will feature a swim, bike, run, strength, core, or flexibility workout.
Bike Workout from my Coach
My cycling coach calls this workout INSTANT FITNESS! I like the sound of that!!
Proper Warm Up (I like 20-30 mins but if you don't have that kind of time, shorten it)
3 mins AS HARD AS YOU CAN GO
2 mins AS EASY AS POSSIBLE
Repeat a total of 6x
Cool down (as long as you can, again 20-30 mins is ideal, but I know hot everyone has that kind of time)
Here is his website
. If you mention you know me, he will give you 2 months of coaching for the price of 1 through the end of the year! BAM!!!!
5 All-Natural Solutions to Everyday Products
Over the past few years I have become increasingly aware of all the harsh chemicals we put in and on our bodies. I would love to say I am an "all-natural" girl and don't put anything harmful on or in me, but that's completely untrue.
However, I am taking baby steps (as always) to start leading a life free
from chemicals and artificial crap.
Here are 5 changes I have made over the years to healthier DIY options on products I use every single day...