Each week I will feature a swim, bike, run, strength, core, or flexibility workout.
Haha! I said FARTLEK!!
A farlek is when you run fast then slow then fast...like super simple intervals...only not as structured.
Here's how it works...
During your run, pick a tree or a pole or another landmark and you can do a few things...
1. When you get there run as fast as you can for 100 steps
2. When you get there find another landmark and sprint to that one
3. When you get to the pole, pick up the pace to the next pole, then pick it up to the next pole, then sprint 10 steps, then walk to the next pole and start over.
4. Jog easy from one tree to another, turn around and sprint back, repeat
5. Every mile sprint 50 steps
ETC ETC ETC!! You get what I'm saying right! Mix it up, have fun, variety is the spice of life!!
Send me your favorite fartlek workout...I want to try it!
Reply back with any questions!