1. You ask if it's OK to bring your dog to parties.
2. You sleep in a tiny corner of the bed while your dog spreads out luxuriously.
3. You watch the Puppy Bowl with as much excitement as a football fanatic watches the Superbowl.
4. You whip out your phone to show photos of your dog to people you've just met.
5. You think it's super romantic when instead of jewelry, your partner gives you custom artwork of your dog or a "couture" poop bag purse.
6. You Facetime or Skype with your dog when you're apart.
7. You engage in "social petworking" - your dog has his own Twitter, Facebook or 8. Instagram page (actress Amanda Seyfried's Aussie shepherd, Finn, has over 13,000 Twitter followers, for instance).
8. You constantly share photos of your dog online with hashtags like #TongueOutTuesday or #WoofWoofWednesday or #FurBabies or #KidsWithPaws or #LoveMyRescue or #DogLover.
9. You give presents or throw a puppy shower when a friend gets a new dog.
10. On a tender note, when a friend's dog passes away, you send a sympathy card and make a donation to a nonprofit like the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in memory of their dog.