There are so many ways I wanted to write this end of the year story. We received a few Christmas cards and one stuck out from my friend. It said "Well, that was crazy." Ya think? I could recap what this last year has looked like, but I don't think it can top Amanda's rendition from last week.
How about we look forward instead of backwards? Looking forward, we pray for:
- Healing for many family and friends who lost loved ones and know people who are grieving this past year.
- Hope for those who lost their business and/or are still struggling to stay afloat.
- Perseverance for the medical industry and staff who have gone above and beyond the call serving our community through long hours, extra days and holding hands when loved ones can't be with them.
- Resilience for the essential businesses and employees that stayed open during incredibly trying and tumultuous times.
- Care and support for the teachers/counselors/staff who have to be creative and learn a new way of teaching to keep students engaged.
- Safety for our law enforcement officers and our military.
- Patience and love to children and young adults who navigated learning an entirely different way while struggling with loneliness, missing relationships and time/experiences they won't get back.
- Empathy for those who have been alone and unable to see loved ones
- Wisdom for our leaders in 2021.
- Peace for our community and country as we learn and embrace compassion and understanding for one another.
- Kindness in all our hearts.
I'm sure we have not covered everyone - in fact, I promise you we missed something or someone, but certainly not on purpose.
The New Year is coming. Let's all look forward to 2021 collectively and as a whole to be better together. There just isn't room in the garden for the ugly. Happy bloomers only! See you soon when we return January 2nd!