* Always look all ways when walking.
* Use your eyes and ears to watch and listen for cars, trucks, bicycles, and other pedestrians. Avoid wearing headphones or talking on a cell phone while walking.
* Always walk on the sidewalk.
If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic along edge of road.
* Don't assume vehicles will stop - even at a crosswalk!
Make eye contact with drivers, don't just look at the vehicle. If a driver is on a cell phone, they may not be paying enough attention to drive safely.
* Don't rely solely on pedestrian signals.
Stop, Look, & Listen before you cross the road.
* Be alert to engine noise or backup lights on cars when in parking lots or near on-street parking spaces.